Masonic Lodge No. 36
Orange Lodge No.36 Plaque, Apopka, Fl.
Masonic Lodge No. 36 of the Grand Jurisdiction of Florida was established in 1856 and is still serving under a warrant issued that year. This building was erected here in 1859; the upper story has been continually used for lodge meetings. The original lower floor was used as post office, school, church and general store. Masons from miles around visited the community, which was known as the Lodge until the Town of Apopka City was chartered in 1882.
The plaque reads as :
" Orange Lodge No. 36 F.&A.M. Apopka, Florida Warrant issued January 14, 1856. The Oldest Masonic Temple in the Grand Jurisdiction of Florida. Erected in 1859 and occupied on October 21of that year. May all the brethren who enter here forever meet on the level, act on the plumb, and part on the square."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Orange Lodge No.36 Plaque; Orange Lodge No.36; Masonic Lodge No.36; Plaque; Orange County (Fl.); Apopka (Fl.); Plaques --- Florida --- Apopka.