Preview

image preview

Creation Date

5-4-2012

Building Name

Historic Walton County Courthouse

Description

Former Walton County Courthouse clock tower located in Monroe, Georgia. The current tower was built in 1907 and replaced the original which had been destroyed by a tornado in 1885. In 1910 the four clock tower faces, bell and clock motor were added. The building was constructed in 1883 in the Second Empire Victorian architectural style and designed by Bruce and Morgan. The historic courthouse is now home to county offices. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #80001256).

Latitude, Longitude

33.79447,-83.713063

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Towers--Georgia--Monroe; Courthouses--Georgia--Monroe; Walton County (Ga.); Monroe (Ga.); Courthouses

Share

Image Location

 
COinS