First United Methodist Church
This is the fifth building for the First United Methodist Church which is located in Madison, Florida. The current sanctuary was built in 1920 after a fire destroyed the previous building in 1917. The First United Methodist Church of Madison has had four different names in its existence: 1830-1844,The Methodist Episcopal Church ; 1844-1939, The Methodist Episcopal Church South ; 1939-1968, The Methodist Church; and since merging with the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1968, it has been called the United Methodist Church.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Methodist church buildings--Florida--Madison; Madison (Fla.); Churches/Synagogues