Old Main Building, Andrew College
Old Main 1B Andrew College, Cuthbert GA
Andrew College is a private, liberal arts junior college located a few blocks off the town square in Cuthbert, Randolph County, Georgia, United States. Originally named Andrew Female College, Andrew operated as a women’s four-year college for 63 years. In 1917 Andrew became a junior college and in 1956 the institution became co-educational.
In 1892, Andrew’s buildings burnt to the ground. However, the people of Cuthbert raised the funds necessary to build Old Main Building, the College’s landmark building, that very same year. It is a five story Victorian building that was constructed for $25,000. The five floors housed the entire college facility—the president's and faculty's quarters, the boarding rooms, the classrooms, the chapel, the library, and the auditorium. Today Old Main is still the flagship building of the institution. It is known as Ethel McDonald Castellow Building now.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old Main Building; Andrew College; Ethel McDonald Castellow Building; Junior College; Randolph County (Ga); College campuses --- Georgia --- Cuthbert.