Kingsley Plantation kitchen house door located on Fort George Island, Florida. The house was built in the 1820's out of cement tabby. Kitchens on plantations were often separate buildings connected by a walkway to the main house. Kingsley Plantation was named for Zephaniah Kingsley who lived there with his African wife, Anna Madgigine Jai from 1814-1830's. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #70000182).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Wooden doors--Florida--Fort George Island; Kitchens--Florida--Fort George Island; Kingsley Plantation (Jacksonville, Fla.); Fort George Island (Fla.); Agricultural