McMurray Livery Sale Transfer Company
McMurray Livery Sale Transfer Company Jacksonville FL
The McMurray Livery, Sale & Transfer Company building at 220 East Forsyth Street., was established in 1880 by Thomas McMurray, an Irishman.This building is a pleasant reminder of the days when horses and carriages were the primary means of transportation in Jacksonville.
In 1972 architect William Morgan purchased the former livery stable and restored its facade to the original configuration. Its interior now houses professional offices and a parking garage.
In 1905 McMurray Livery, Sale & Transfer Company purchased this present site for expansion purposes. This building was constructed the following year, serving as a carriage showroom, blacksmith shop, and stable for horses.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; McMurray Livery Sale Transfer Company; Thomas McMurray; Duval County (Fl.); Transportation --- Florida --- Jacksonville.; Images