Thomson Commercial Historic District
Theater Thomson, GA
This was first the Martin Theater. it was operated by Martin Theatres of Georgia, and it opened in the early 1950’s. The Martin Theatre also had a boxes letter sign reading ‘MARTIN’, with a marquee below it. It was twinned sometime in the late-1970’s or early-1980’s. Today it is called the Thomson Twin Cinema. It has been open since 1950. Thomson Twin Cinema adds a rich addition to downtown Thomson, and serves as one of the few remaining “hometown theaters” in the state.
Contributing Building - Thomson Commercial Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #89000413
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Thomson Twin Cinema; Martin Theater; Movie theater; Historic district; McDuffie County (Ga); Theaters --- Georgia --- Thomson --- McDuffie County.; Images