Tampa Theater Marquee Tampa FL
The Tampa Theatre and Office Building is a historic U.S. theater and city landmark in the Uptown District of downtown Tampa, Florida. On January 3, 1978, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Designed as an atmospheric theatre style movie palace by architect John Eberson, the Tampa Theatre opened on October 15, 1926. Upon entering under the Theatre’s “blade sign” marquee, audiences are transported to a lavish, romantic Mediterranean courtyard, Over it all is a realistic night sky filled with twinkling stars.
It features a wide range of independent, foreign, and documentary films on a daily basis. It is Tampa's only non-profit movie palace, and operating costs are supported by its members, donors and corporate sponsors, as well as by ticket and concessions sales.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Tampa Theater Marquee; Tampa Theater; Movie theater; City landmark; Theaters --- Florida --- Tampa.; Images