The marker reads: "MITCHELL-FERRELL-POWELL HOUSE -- Built in Glennville, Alabama by slave artisans in the early 1840's for James Billingslea and Rebecca Stone Mitchell. Moved by ox-cart and reassembled by free citizens at the present site in 1867 or 1869. Purchased in 1895 by Hugh Bennett and Jessie Elvira Screws Ferrell. Purchased and restored in 1978 by Vernon H. and Minnie D. Powell. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE FERRELL FAMILY, 1988.". Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
32 deg 17' 52.99", 85 deg 10' 24.19"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Glennville (Ala.); Historic markers -- Alabama -- Russell County; Glenville (Ala.); Historic Chattahoochee Commission; Historic buildings