The marker reads: "SCOTT - YARBROUGH HOUSE -- (Continued from other side) Dr. Cecil S. Yarbrough (1878-1946) purchased "Pebble Hill" in 1912 and it remained his family's home until 1974. A member of the state legislature in the 1920s, Dr. Yarbrough served four terms as mayor of Auburn. During World War II, he also served as a college physician. Under the leadership of Alice Cary Pick Gibson the Auburn Heritage Association purchased the house in 1974 and began restoration. In 1985, Auburn Bank donated the house to Auburn University. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, the raised cottage has hand-hewn heart pine floors and wooden pegged joints and rafters The Ray, Hollifield, Riley, and Hodges families owned the property, 1871-1912. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION, THE AUBURN HERITAGE ASSOCIATION AND AUBURN UNIVERSITY 2009". Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
32 deg 36' 23.12", 85 deg 28' 22.93"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Auburn (Ala.); Historic markers -- Alabama -- Lee County; Historic buildings; Historic Chattahoochee Commission; Auburn University