Preview

image preview

Creation Date

6-30-2019

Description

The marker reads: "JULY 4TH, 1825 - BY ACT OF THE U.S. CONGRESS A TOWNSHIP, SIX SQUARE MILES, WAS GRANTED TO THE MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE, HERE, IN GRATITUDE FOR HIS GENEROUS AID DURING THE AMERICAN REVOLUTIONARY WAR. MARKED BY FLORIDA CHAPTER DAUGHTERS OF FOUNDERS AND PATRIOTS OF AMERICA" Bottom of sign: emblem for Daughters of Founders & Patriots of America 1807-1898 Top of sign: Eagle with shield and two flags

Latitude, Longitude

30 deg 26' 3.40", 84 deg 15' 19.80"

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Historic markers --- Florida – Leon County; Tallahassee (Fla.); Lafayette Land Grant; Lafayette Township

Share

Image Location

 
COinS