The marker reads: "Orphans Cemetery -- Albert G. Williamson, a Dodge County entrepreneur, donated land for a burial place in Orphans community following the death of a neighbor’s child, George P.A. Barnes, in 1887. The community was named in honor of the six orphaned Williamson brothers who moved here in 1873-74 from North Carolina. The earliest burials were children of the Thomas, Weldy, and Lashley families. Other common names in the original acre are Hardy, Manley, Steele, Stuckey, and Williamson. The statuary above their mausoleum depicts A.G. and Martha Buchan Williamson and their nephew, Jay Gould. 1999.5 Erected by the Georgia Historic Society, Orphans Cemetery Association, and Dodge Historical Society 45-2" Top of sign: Georgia Historical Society emblem
31 deg 52' 56.02", 85 deg 5' 30.35"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Eastman (Ga.); Cemeteries – Georgia – Dodge County; Historic markers – Georgia – Dodge County