The marker reads: "HILTON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH The Hilton Methodist Episcopal Church, South was organized in 1850. The first church was erected one mile southwest of Hilton on the Lower River Road. This structure was sold after the Civil war and services were then conducted in an arbor. E. Hilton deeded land to the Church trustees for the present church site on November 1, 1889. The pegged-frame building for the Hilton Methodist Church was built in 1890 and the social hall was added in 1973. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE HITLON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1994" Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
31 deg 17' 39.36", 85 deg 3' 55.81"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Hilton (Ga.); Early County (Ga.); Methodist church buildings; United Methodist Episcopal churches; Churches and synagogues; Blakely (Ga.); Historic markers