The marker reads: "Fannie Askew Williams Park The Fannie Askew Williams Park, a picnic area adjacent to Coheelee Creek Covered Bridge on Old River Road, is maintained by the Early County Board of Commissioners. The land was made available to the county in 1959 by the late John H. Williams, of Blakely, and bears the name of his first wife. The Peter Early Chapter DAR serves as custodian of the park. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE EARLY COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY 1980 J.J. JAXON CO. - EUFAULA, AL." Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
31 deg 18' 24.61", 85 deg 4' 44.21"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Hilton (Ga.); Early County (Ga.); Historic markers; County parks; Public parks