The marker reads: "CLAY COUNTY COURTHOUSE Clay County Courthouse is the oldest courthouse in the Pataula Judicial Circuit and one of the oldest in South Georgia. Construction began in 1871 and it was completed in 1873 as shown by Grand Jury Presentments recorded in Minute Book B pages 195, 294, 335, 380 and 381. It has been in continuous use of this same site. ERECTED BY FORT GAINES HISTORICAL SOCIETY" National Register of Historic Places #80000992
31 deg 36' 15.20", 85 deg 2' 55.29"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Fort Gaines (Ga.); Clay County (Ga.); City halls and municipal buildings; Courthouses; Historic buildings