The marker reads: "FIRST FRAME HOUSE Was built by Albert Hayes in 1826 a few feet south of here. It had three rooms, was "quite attractive in those days" and bore the name "Fox House". Tradition is that Gen. William Clark stayed here when he platted town, May 26, 1827, and changed its name, Pekin to Paducah, in honor of Chief Paducke. Over Marker by Greater Paducah Chamber of Commerce 1967 KENTUCKY HISTORICAL SOCIETY KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS 1052" Top of sign: Seal of Kentucky: Commonwealth of Kentucky United We Stand Divided We Fall
37 deg 5' 18.03", 88 deg 35' 39.74"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Historic markers; McCracken County (Ky.); Paducah (Ky.); Historic buildings — residence; Dwellings — residence