Preview

image preview

Creation Date

8-21-2019

Description

The marker reads: "BROADWAY METHODIST Paducah's oldest institution. Founded 1832. First edifice erected 1842 on northwest corner Broadway at 4th. Relocated 1875 on southwest corner Broadway at 7th. Moved to present site 1896. Destroyed by fire 1929; rebuilt 1930. Judge Wm. Sutton Bishop, the Old Judge Priest of Irvin Cobb's stories, and Vice~Pres. Alben W. Barkley held membership here. 1967 KENTUCKY HISTORICAL SOCIETY KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS 1029" Top of sign: Seal of Kentucky: Commonwealth of Kentucky United We Stand Divided We Fall

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Historic markers; McCracken County (Ky.); Paducah (Ky.); Methodist church buildings

Share

Image Location

 
COinS