The marker reads: "MILLER COUNTY This County, created by Act of the Legislature February 26, 1856, is named for Judge Andrew J. Miller who died in 1856. A Commander of the Oglethorpe Infantry, he served in the legislature for more than twenty years and was several times President of the Senate. He long championed a bill to give married women separate property rights. Among the first County Officers were: Sheriff Delmar Averett, Clerk of Superior & Inferior Courts Thomas S. Floyd, Ordinary Isaac Bush, Tax Receiver John Fiveash, Tax Collector West Sheffield and Surveyor James D. Pickern. 100-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954" Top of sign: The Great Seal of Georgia – Georgia 1776 Constitution Justice Wisdom Moderation
31 deg 10' 18.22", 84 deg 44' 1.13"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Colquitt (Ga.); Miller County (Ga.); Historic markers