The marker reads: "GRADY COUNTY "Original Diversified Farming County of Southeast” Established January 1, 1906 The Courthouse and County Jail were built in 1908 and the county was organized under the general supervision of the following first Board of County Commissioners: Walter B. Roddenbery, Chairman; L.L. Barwick, Henry Mitchell, J.L. Peebles and J.M. Sasser; M.L. Ledford, County Attorney; Alexander Blair, Architect; J.B. Carr Co., Contractor. Elevation above sea level, 265 feet Latitude 30.53; Longitude 84.12 Average Temperature 67.5° 065-2 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1996" Top of sign: The Great Seal of Georgia – Georgia 1776 Constitution Justice Wisdom Moderation
30 deg 52' 41.99", 84 deg 12' 26.63"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Cairo (Ga.); Grady County (Ga.); Historic markers