The marker reads: "CITY OF DONALSONVILLE According to a map "Plan of Donalson" dated April 1889, the town was laid out by John Earnest Donalson. On December 8, 1897, a charter, signed by Governor William Yates Atkinson, was granted incorporating the town of Donalsonville. Officers appointed were: Thomas Chason, Mayor; John E. Donalson, W. B. King, S. D. Cherry, R. D. Carr, Aldermen. This charter was amended August 12, 1922 and the name changed to City of Donalsonville. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE CITY OF DONALSONVILLE 1980 J.J. JAXON CO. -EUFAULA, AL." Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem
31 deg 2' 32.62", 84 deg 52' 57.38"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Donalsonville (Ga.); Seminole County (Ga.); Historic markers