Lessie Southgate Simmons Memorial
Brenau College District
Brenau University- Simmons Hall. The building was constructed in 1914 by President Simmons in memory of his wife Lessie. The original stained glass windows are still in place, as are the original wood floor and Italian tile in the entry. The building is in very good condition. It houses the faculty offices, presidents office, art and design faculty offices and studios, museum (art gallery). Contributing Building - Brenau College District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #78000987.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; Brenau college; Simmons Hall; Historic building; Faculty offices; Art gallery; Architecture; Gainesville,Georgia.