This collection includes works from the third installment of the Pre[serve] Art Exhibition and features works created by students and alumni that were inspired by personal experiences within the Sawmill Slough Preserve, a 382-acre natural area on the UNF campus.
The 2019 exhibition featured 28 works of art from 20 different student and alumni artists. The works were displayed at the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery from March 28, through April 26, 2019.
- First place: Mark Lester, “Chapel”
- Second place: Ricder Ricardo, “I Become”
- Third place: Alexandra Brody, “Impact”
- Alumni Awards:
- Douglas Eng, “Goldenrod”
- Meredith Sullivan, “Birds”
- Mimi S. Pearce, “After the Rain”
- UNF Photography Club Award: Caitlin Noll, “Bobcat (Lynx rufus)”
In addition to this collection, there is also an online Story Map that provides a tour through the Sawmill Slough Preserve showing the “point of inspiration” where the artists were inspired to create their works. Click here to explore the map.
Pre[serve] is an academic collaboration between the Environmental Center, Department of Art and Design, Gallery of Art and Lufrano Intercultural Gallery.