Newberry College Historic District
Newberry College Derrick Hall, SC. Derrick Hall was constructed in 1924 as a residence hall for men, . In 1948 the Board of Trustees named the residence hall Derrick Hall in the memory of Sidney Derrick, President of Newberry College from 1918-1930 and a faculty member before and after his presidency. Derrick died in 1948.
Derrick Hall was converted from men's housing to women's housing in 1965. Today Derrick Hall houses 74 women (primarily sophomores)
Derrick Hall was included in the Newberry College Historic District in 1976 (along with Holland, Keller, and Smeltzer Halls) by the National Register of Historic Places.
Newberry College Historic District - Contributing Building - National Register of Historic Places
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Newberry College; Derrick Hall; Sidney Derrick; South Carolina; Newberry County