Preview

image preview

Creation Date

12-23-2009

Building Name

Synder Memorial Methodist Church; Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church

Description

Synder Memorial Methodist Church located in Jacksonville, Florida was rebuilt in 1903 after the original structure was destroyed during the Great Fire of 1901. The first church was built in 1870 and named Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church. When rebuilt it was named after a former pastor, E.B. Synder. It was built in the Gothic Revival style out of granite rubble trimmed with Indiana limestone. A crenelated bell tower projects from the northeast corner of the sanctuary with an intricate rose window gracing

Latitude, Longitude

30.328737, -81.658874

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Methodist church buildings; Jacksonville (Fla.); Churches and synagogues

Share

Image Location

 
COinS