Dahlonega Commercial Historic District
Hall's Block, Dahlonega, GA.
Hall's Block, 1883, also "Moore's Store", was constructed of solid brick, by Frank W Hall, a native of Vermont, came to Dahlonega after the Civil War. It was built in the Victorian Italianate style. He engaged in a variety of successful ventures, and came to be regarded as the richest man in the county.
John H. Moore purchased Hall's Block and the adjoining properties from Hall's widow in 1919. Thus began a long history of use as Moore's Store, the more familiar name to many local residents. the present owner has subdivided the building to accommodate more commercial tenants for modern-day use. It houses several shops on the three floors like Classic Rugs & more, Quigleys rare books antiques, and many more.
Contributing Building - Dahlonega Commercial Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #83000235
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Georgia-Dahlonega; Halls Block; Moore's Store; Stores, retail; Historic district; Frank W Hall; John H. Moore; Lumpkin County (Ga.)