Pendergrass Building, Franklin, NC.
Pendergrass Building- now housing the Macon County Historical Museum since 1989. It was formerly the mercantile store remains unchanged today. It was built in 1904 by J. R. Pendergrass a Baptist minister and merchant. They sold everything from clothing and hardware to school books for children. It now houses a tremendous collection of Macon County history.
In 1991 it was named to the National Register of Historic Places NRIS #91001469.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-North Carolina-Franklin; Mercantile store; J. R. Pendergrass; Macon County Historical Museum; Macon County (NC); Franklin (NC)