Needwood School, New Hope GA.
The one-room Needwood School provided elementary education for the community from 1907 until desegregation in the 1960s. It served the needs of the plantation blacks from nearby Broadfield Plantation till the late 1950's. Both the school and the Baptist Church are examples of early African-American vernacular architecture. The school was next door to the Church.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Needwood School; Needwood Baptist Church; Elementary school; Plantation blacks; African-American vernacular architecture; Schools --- Georgia --- Newhope --- Glynn County.