Preview

image preview

Creation Date

5-25-2009

Historic District

City of Alachua Downtown Historic District

Description

Alachua Woman's Club FL. Alachua Woman’s Club was founded in 1912 as The School Improvement Club of Alachua. With the help of many fund-raising projects, the Club raised monies to help the local school and the town. In 1924, work begins to establish a clubhouse. In 2012, we celebrated the 100th Anniversary of the club, and commemorate the legacy of founding members of the Alachua Woman's Club. Contributing Building - City of Alachua Downtown Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS

Latitude, Longitude

29.793529, -82.495719

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; clubs - associations; Historic buildings; Historic sites; Historic district; Alachua Fl.; Clubhouse

Share

Image Location

 
COinS