Preview

image preview

Creation Date

6-14-2009

Building Name

Memorial Presbyterian Church

Historic District

Model Land Company Historic District

Description

The Memorial Presbyterian Church in St. Augustine, Florida was built in 1890 in the Second Renaissance Revival architectural style. The church was inspired by St. Mark's Basilica in Venice. It is built out of concrete mixed with crushed coquina stone. The stained glass windows, representing the several articles of the Apostles' Creed, were a gift of Henry Flagler that was dedicated in 1902. The church was built as a memorial to Henry Flagler's deceased daughter. This is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #83001439).

Latitude, Longitude

29.89446, -81.316528

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Presbyterian church buildings; Stained glass windows; Saint Augustine (Fla.); Churches and synagogues

Share

Image Location

 
COinS