Preview

image preview

Creation Date

11-27-2010

Historic District

Brenau College District

Description

Brenau University- Wilkes Hall. Brenau was founded in 1878 as a private institution for the education of women. W.C. Wilkes, the institution’s first administrator, is credited with building many of the historic buildings that still stand today. Although founders initially called the institution a Baptist seminary for women, it has never been affiliated with or governed by any religious organization. Contributing Building - Brenau College District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #78000987

Latitude, Longitude

34.302473, -83.822577

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; Historic buildings; Brenau college; Wilkes Hall; W.C. Wilkes; Architecture

Share

Image Location

 
COinS