Our Lady Star of the Sea Chapel
St Mary's Historic District
Our Lady Star of the Sea Chapel is located in St. Mary's, Georgia. Once a bank, the chapel was purchased by an Acadian couple in 1847 served the Catholic congregation until 1957 when a new church was built nearby. The bell tower was added circa 1954. It is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #76000609).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Catholic church buildings; Saint Marys (Ga.); Churches and synagogues