University of Florida Campus Historic District
Peabody Hall 2, UF. Funded by the Peabody Foundation, Peabody Hall opened in 1913 as the predecessor of the College of Education.
It is named after George Peabody was an influential investment banker, who donated a lot for education. Designed in Collegiate Gothic style by architect William A. Edwards, Peabody was renovated in 1990 and connected to neighboring Criser Hall. Peabody Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places NRIS #79000658 in 1979. It is a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection of buildings added to the National Register as a historic district in 1989.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; University of Florida; Peabody Hall; George Peabody; Gainesville, Fl.; Alachua County