Pittman Building GSU, Statesboro, GA. Georgia Southern University (GSU) is a public university located on a 900-acre (3.6 km2) campus in Statesboro, Georgia, US founded in 1906, it is part of the University System of Georgia and is the largest center of higher education in the southern half of Georgia.
When the school opened in 1908, it was officially named the First District Agricultural and Mechanical School. In 1924 the A&M School was renamed Georgia Normal School when it added a teacher-training. In 1939 a new name, Georgia Teachers College, marked President Marvin Pittman's successful effort to transform the college into a statewide center for teacher education.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Georgia Southern University; Pittman Building; Marwin Pittman; Administration building; Statesboro, GA.; Bulloch County