Stetson University Campus Historic District
Stetson Sampson Hall, Deland, FL. It was Built in 1908 and designed by Henry John Klutho, the first Floridian to earn membership in the American Institute of Architects, it shows the conservative Neoclassicism found in many Carnegie libraries across the United States. It was later renamed Sampson Hall to honor C.T. Sampson, a university trustee.
The two-story brick landmark is one of the few Klutho buildings remaining in Florida, making it a significant part of Florida's architectural heritage.
Contributing Building - Stetson University Campus Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Stetson University; Stetson Sampson Hall; Klutho, Henry John, 1873-1964; Deland, Fl.