St Andrews Episcopal Church;Jacksonville Historical Society
The former St. Andrews Episcopal Church is located in Jacksonville, Florida. It was built in 1887 in the Gothic Revival style on a single level using brick masonry and contained a massive front corner tower with louvered belfry and steep spire roof. The tower rises to a height of 120 feet and had been the tallest in the city. St. Andrews was the only major church in the city that survived the Great Fire of 1901. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #76000593). The former church is now the home of the Jacksonville Historical Society.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Spires; Anglican church buildings; Jacksonville (Fla.); Churches and synagogues