St Mark's Episcopal Church
St Mark's Episcopal Church is located in Woodbine, Georgia. It was built in 1900 out of local materials. The timber was brought from the local mills at Satilla Bluff, which is located about 5 miles east of town on the south bank of the Satilla River. Ballast rock from sailing ships was used for reinforcement at strategic locations throughout the building. The walls are constructed from tabby, which is made from burned oyster shells, covers the exterior.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Anglican church buildings; Woodbine (Ga.); Churches and synagogues; Images