St Peter's Episcopal Church
Fernandina Beach Historic District
St Peter's Episcopal Church is located in Fernandina Beach, Florida. It was built between 1881-1884 in the Gothic Revival architectural style with lancet, arch-shaped windows, a steeply pitched roof, buttressed walls and a tower with a castellated parapet. The tabby walls are 18 inches thick and are overlaid with cement. The church was severely damaged by fire in 1892 and was rebuilt with minor changes. The original spire was not rebuilt, but elaborate entrances were added, along with the chien-assi ("sitting dog") windows in the roof to provide light and ventilation in an attic below. This is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #73000593).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Anglican church buildings; Fernandina Beach (Fla.); Churches and synagogues; Images