Trinity United Methodist Church
Lincolnville Historic District
Cornerstone for the Trinity United Methodist Church is located in St Augustine, Florida. It indicates that the church was founded in 1870 and the building was built in 1913. Early membership (1821) for the church included English, Spanish, blacks and Indians. During the Civil War, the white male members left to join the Confederate Army. The wives and children of the men left soon after leaving the church to the black membership. This is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (#91000979).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Cornerstones; Methodist church buildings; African American churches; Saint Augustine (Fla.); Churches and synagogues