Appling County courthouse
Image focuses on the octagonal domed clock tower that ornaments the exterior of the Appling County courthouse. The courthouse is located in Baxley, Georgia. Originally the county seat was located in Holmesville, Georgia until 1873. The current courthouse was built between 1907-1908 in the NeoClassical Revival architectural style and designed by H.L. Lewman. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #80000965).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Towers; Courthouses--Georgia--Baxley; Appling County (Ga.); Baxley (Ga.); Courthouses