Carl Brown House
Burnsed Blockhouse Sign, Macclenny, Fl. The Burnsed Blockhouse (also known as the Carl Brown House) is a historic site originally located north of Sanderson, Florida, USA, off Jacksonville Road. On May 7, 1973, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The home was later moved from Sanderson to Heritage Park in Macclenny. Restoration was undertaken by the Durable Restoration Company of Columbus, Ohio. It was built by Sheriff James Burnsed in the 1830's at the direction of President Andrew Jackson.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Macclenny; Signs; Historic buildings; Burnsed Blockhouse; Carl Brown House; Baker County