Lake County courthouse;County Administration Building & Lake County Historical Museum
The former Lake County courthouse is located in Tavares, Florida. It was built between 1923-1926 in the Neoclassical Revival architectural style and designed by Alan J. Macdonough. It has colossal Ionic columns, pilasters, keystone arched windows, and parapet. One of the distinctive features of Lake County’s historic courthouse is the monument which holds the flagpole. The base is composed of stones from several states and foreign countries, some highly ornate in design. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #98001199). This is now the County Administration Building & Lake County Historical Museum.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--Florida--Tavares; Lake County (Fla.); Tavares (Fla.); Courthouses