image preview

Creation Date


Building Name

Jackson County courthouse


The former Jackson County courthouse located in Sylva, North Carolina was built between 1913-1914 in the Classical Revival architectural style. It served as the county courthouse until 1994 when a new justice center was built. After undergoing renovations, it reopened in 2011 as part of the Jackson County Public Library complex. It now houses the offices of the Jackson County Genealogical Society, the Jackson County Historical Association and the Jackson County Arts Council. The former courthouse is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #79001727).

Latitude, Longitude

35.374004, -83.226757


Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--North Carolina--Sylva; Jackson County (N.C.); Sylva (N.C.); Courthouses


Image Location