Fitzgerald Hardware Building
Fitzgerald Commercial Historic District
Fitzgerald Hardware Building, Fitzgerald, GA.
This is a historic building built in 1897, and originally housed the Windsor Hotel on the second floor.. The lower floor was a grocery store and later it was home to the John Henry Dorminy's Fitzgerald Hardware Company. This beautifully restored landmark is now home to Fitzgerald’s newspaper, the Herald-Leader. It was converted into the offices of the Fitzgerald Herald Leader in 1992.
The building's renovators received the coveted award for excellent restoration from the Georgia Trust for Historic preservation. Contributing Building - Fitzgerald Commercial Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #92000383
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Georgia-Fitzgerald; Historic buildings; Historic district; Fitzgerald Hardware Building; Fitzgerald Herald Leader; Ben Hill County (Ga.); Fitzgerald (Ga.)