Wilkes County courthouse
The Wilkes County courthouse is located in Washington, Georgia. It was built in 1904 with a Richardsonian Romanesque architectural influence and designed by Frank P. Milburn. This is the fifth courthouse for the county (1785, 1786, 1804, 1817). The upper portion of the courthouse burned in 1958 and the ornamented roofline and gothic accented clock tower were lost. A 1989 restoration approximated the 1904 original but on a smaller scale. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #80001267).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Courthouses--Georgia--Washington; Wilkes County (Ga.); Washington (Ga.); Courthouses