Old YMCA Building Jacksonville ( Haverty's Building), Jax, Fl.
The first Jacksonville Young Men's Christian Association was founded in 1870. its members commissioned H. J. Klutho to design its headquarters. This seven-story structure was built in an architectural style neither Classic or Renaissance, the Prairie School. This was built in 1909.
In 1929 the Y.M.C.A. shared in the nation's financial calamity; unable to meet mortgage, the building was sold and remodeled (poorly) for use as retail space. It is now owned by the City Of Jacksonville, and currently serves as the Jacksonville City Hall Annex.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Florida-Jacksonville; Historic buildings; Old YMCA Building; Haverty's Building; Henry John Klutho-architect; City Hall Annex; Duval County (Fl.)