Brunswick Old Town Historic District
Kress Building, Brunswick, GA.
The Brunswick Kress was built in 1909. The S. H. Kress & Company was founded by Samuel H. Kress. It was part of the S. H. Kress & Co. "five and dime" department store chain. In 1930, Edward F. Sibbert enlarged and remodeled the building. The store became a McCrory's in 1980. In 2009, the building was partially occupied by Wachovia Bank. The rest of the building was vacant.
Contributing Building - Brunswick Old Town Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #79000727
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Commercial buildings-Georgia-Brunswick; Historic buildings; Historic district; Kress Building; S. H. Kress Company; Department store; Samuel H. Kress; Glynn County (Ga.); Brunswick (Ga.)