Americus Fire Department/City Hall;Citizen's Bank
Americus Historic District
The former Fire Department/City Hall complex is located in Americus, Georgia. It was built between 1890-1891 in the Greek Revival architectural style with Italian Renaissance elements and designed by Gottfried L. Norman. The fire department moved into the building in 1893. The building was also in use as a courthouse and police department. In 1996, the building was sold to Citizen's Bank. This is a contributing building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #76000648) and a part of the Americus Historic District.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Fire stations--Georgia--Americus; City halls--Georgia--Americus; Americus (Ga.); Firehouses