St Augustine Town Plan Historic District
The old City Gate was built in 1808 during the last reconstruction of the city walls that surrounded St Augustine. Construction on the walls began in 1704. Built out of coquina, the gate is part of the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument. This is a contributing structure on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #70000847) and a part of the St Augustine Town Plan Historic District . The Old City Gate is located in Saint Augustine, Florida.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville,Gates--Florida--Saint Augustine; Saint Augustine (Fla.); Historical-Misc.