Maxwell G. Synder Armory
The Maxwell G. Snyder Armory is located in Jacksonville, Florida. Designed by Wilbur B Talley, it was built in 1916 to house all troops in the area. This is the third armory for Jacksonville as the one constructed in 1897 burned during the Great Fire of 1901. The rebuilt building was abandoned when the new armory was built at the current site. The Jacksonville Recreation Department occupied by the building for several years before moving to a new site. The armory is currently abandoned.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Armories--Florida--Jacksonville; Jacksonville (Fla.); Historical-Misc.