Fernald Laughton Memorial Hospital;George Fernald House;Florida Hotel
The former Fernald Laughton Memorial Hospital is located in Sanford, Florida. The Colonial Revival home was converted to a hospital in 1920 following the death of the owner, George Fernald. His widow donated it in memory of her husband, George and her mother, Elizabeth Laughton. The hospital closed its doors in 1955. The building is also known as the George Fernald House or the Florida Hotel. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #87000805).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Hospitals--Florida--Sanford; Sanford (Fla.); Hospitals